Subject: Change draft for #143 (more logicalLocation kinds)

I pushed a change draft for Issue #143, “Add 'returnType', 'parameter' and 'local' to logical location kind”.

                Documents/ChangeDrafts/Active/sarif-v2.0-issue-sarif-v2.0-issue-143-more-logicalLocation-kinds.docx

Here’s the entire change:

1.1.1 kind property

A logicalLocation object SHOULD contain a property named kind whose value is one of the following strings, if any of those strings accurately describes the construct identified by this object:

·         "function"

·         "member"

·         "module"

·         "namespace"

·         "package"

·         "resource"

·         "type"

·         "returnType"

·         "parameter"

·         "localVariable"

If none of those strings accurately describes the construct, kind MAY contain any value specified by the analysis tool.

Michael: Note that I called it localVariable rather than local to make the name more explicit.

I’ll move its approval at TC #17 on May 16th.