Subject: RE: [sarif] Image files: wait just a minute here!

Thanks Michael. That raises a procedural issue: according to the minutes, the TC approved #137 with certain changes. Most of them are still good, but this part of this one is not:

Jim: make values float and change pixels to units appropriate for format

I will merge the changes as we’ve discussed here: supporting only raster-based formats and requiring units of pixels (although they are float values, and can be signed).

Then I will add an item to the agenda for the next TC meeting to ratify this decision.

Larry

From: Michael Fanning <Michael.Fanning@microsoft.com>
Sent: Wednesday, May 2, 2018 5:18 PM
To: Larry Golding (Comcast) <larrygolding@comcast.net>; sarif@lists.oasis-open.org

Ok, so we might indeed have really tied ourselves into knots. Your original text, perhaps with the addition of emphasizing that this construct is relevant for raster image formats only, was right (including the use of the term pixels).

In hindsight, I personally regret my contributions to this discussion.

😊