Subject: RE: [sarif] Image files: wait just a minute here!

Also, the reason we got hung up on non-raster images was in coming up with an acceptable set of units.

-----Original Message-----
From: Larry Golding (Comcast) <larrygolding@comcast.net>
Sent: Friday, May 4, 2018 11:34 AM
To: 'Michael Fanning' <Michael.Fanning@microsoft.com>; 'James A. Kupsch' <kupsch@cs.wisc.edu>; 'sarif@lists.oasis-open.org' <sarif@lists.oasis-open.org>

Michael, I agree with what you say, _if_ we restrict to raster images.

Jim asked why we should restrict to raster images. My reason was that we got hung up attempting to define a useful set of units for non-raster images. Jim, is there a simple way to do this?

Remember, the original motivation for this was screenshots. From my standpoint, generalizing to raster images is just gravy -- it falls out easily. Incorporating non-raster images and IMO is not worth the trouble (we could add them in a future SARIF as a non-breaking change).

(Michael, remember we've come to a meeting of the minds on the acceptability of a SARIF 2.1 that incorporates _only_ additive, non-breaking changes.)