Subject: Change draft for #157 (tool.semanticVersion)

I pushed a change draft for Issue #157, “Clarify requirements on tool.semanticVersion”:

Documents/ChangeDrafts/Active/sarif-v2.0-issue-157-semanticVersion.docx

tool.semanticVersion is now optional (MAY be present) rather than required (SHALL be present). In return for this loosening 😊, the spec now clarifies that if you provide tool.semanticVersion, it needs to obey both the syntax and the (very specific) semantics of SemVer 2.0.

I removed a paragraph which required a SARIF direct producer to synthesize a semantic version if the tool didn’t use SemVer as its versioning scheme. That was completely unreasonable 😉

NOTE: There is no schema change because the schema had failed to declare tool.semanticVersion required in the first place.