Subject: RE: [sarif] Change draft for #159 (Id property renames) and #166 (engineering system conformance profile)

I forgot the usual formula: “I will move its adoption at TC #17 on May 16th”.

From: sarif@lists.oasis-open.org <sarif@lists.oasis-open.org> On Behalf Of Larry Golding (Comcast)
Sent: Tuesday, May 8, 2018 5:07 PM
To: sarif@lists.oasis-open.org

I pushed a change draft for these two issues:

  • Issue #159, “Id property renames”
  • Issue #166, “Define an ‘engineering system’ conformance profile”

The change draft is here:

Documents/ChangeDrafts/Active/sarif-v2.0-issues-158-166-id-properties-and-engineering-system-profile.docx

In a previous email, I explained the rationale for adding the “engineering system” performance profile. The rationale for the property name changes is in Issue #159, but I reproduce it here for your convenience:

… [W]e now understand the distinction between globally unique "instance identifiers" (like the identifier that uniquely identifies the reporting of a result in a specific run) and "logical identifiers" (like the identifier that tells you that this is the x86 variant of the nightly security tools run). We want to define the "instance identifiers" as GUIDs, we want to define the logical identifiers as "hierarchical strings", and we want the property names to make that distinction explicit to the reader of the log file. ...

  • run.id → run.instanceGuid
  • run.stableId → run.logicalId
  • run.baselineId → run.baselineInstanceGuid
  • run.automationId → run.automationLogicalId
  • result.id → result.instanceGuid
  • Add result.correlationGuid (we'd previously thought of calling it correlationId).
    NOTE: We will add this property when we implement #158.