Subject: SARIF MIME type

Hi all,

Are there any current plans to register a MIME type for SARIF with IANA? If not, I would like to propose we do so.

Looking at other OASIS specifications, it appears that there is a process where we can put together an RFC with our proposed MIME type, approve that during a committee meeting, then provide that to OASIS for submitting to IANA. For an example, see the DITA specification:

  https://docs.oasis-open.org/dita/v1.2/os/spec/non-normative/DITA-mime-type.html

Also based on other specifications, it seems the natural choice for the SARIF MIME type would be:

  application/sarif+json

Cheers,

Luke