Subject: Rationalizing file locations

Per our discussion in TC #17, I filed Issue #175, “Decide on a policy for fileLocation vs. URI”:

We have two URI-like properties that are represented by URI-valued strings:

·         tool.downloadUri

·         versionControlDetails.uri (the URI of the repo)

... while all the others (14 of them) are represented by fileLocation objects, including:

·         result.workItemLocation

·         rule.helpLocation

Basically I've used fileLocation where there are potentially "many" of something (work items, rules), and URI-valued strings where there's only one of something (tool download location, VCS repo).

Is this a valid distinction? Even if you can rationalize it, is it confusing? Should we use fileLocationeverywhere?

If you have an opinion, please comment on the issue.