Subject: RE: [sarif] Change draft for #176 (URI reference)

TYPO I meant to write:

“In addition to changing “relative URI” to “relative reference” as you requested…”

From: sarif@lists.oasis-open.org <sarif@lists.oasis-open.org> On Behalf Of Larry Golding (Comcast)
Sent: Thursday, May 24, 2018 3:37 PM
To: Luke Cartey <luke@semmle.com>; sarif@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [sarif] Change draft for #176 (URI reference)

I pushed a change draft for Issue #176, “fileLocation uri property should be a URI reference”:

Documents/ChangeDrafts/Active/sarif-v2.0-issue-176-uri-reference.docx

I will move its adoption at TC #18 on May 30th.

Luke, please look this over carefully. In addition to changing “relative URI” to “URI” as you requested, I also changed “URI” to “URI reference” in most places where the URI could be either relative or absolute. The reason is that in RFC 3986, “URI” means “absolute URI”, and since I was explicitly using RFC 3986 terminology for one thing, I didn’t want to cause confusion by using a term that means one thing in RFC 3986 to mean another thing in the SARIF spec. Please take a look and let me know what you think.