Subject: RE: [sarif] Change bars for Issue #158 (result.correlationId)

Perfect, this works!

The sink rule is associated with a code flow, but either way this works!

Thanks!

From: Larry Golding (Comcast) [mailto:larrygolding@comcast.net]
Sent: Friday, June 08, 2018 2:25 PM
To: 'O'Neil, Yekaterina Tsipenyuk' <katrina@microfocus.com>; 'Michael Fanning' <Michael.Fanning@microsoft.com>
Cc: sarif@lists.oasis-open.org

No problem – codeFlows have property bags too. So you could do:

{                          # A result object.

  "ruleId": "xxxx",        # The "sink" rule that identifies the "violation of correctness"

  "codeFlows": [

    {

      "threadFlows": [

      ],

      "properties": {

        "fortify/helperRuleId": "yyyy"

      }

    },

    {

      "threadFlows": [

      ],

      "properties": {

        "fortify/helperRuleId": "zzzz"

      }

    }

  ]

}

I can’t tell from what you’ve said so far whether the “sink” rule is also associated with one of the codeFlows, but it’s no problem if it is.

Larry