Subject: Re: [sarif] SARIF spec and schema versioning

Very good IMO - I remember the reason why MQTTv3.1.1 had to be MQTTv5,
shiver; Good catch!

Am 26.09.18 um 21:52 schrieb James Kupsch:
After the meeting today, Michael, Larry and I discussed how producers
can declare and consumers identify the changing draft of the SARIF
specification used to construct a SARIF file.  Right now all SARIF files
identify themselves as 2.0.0 (which clearly they are not).

Our proposal is the following unless there are objections:

1) The SARIF draft version will be of the form 2.0.0-beta.YYYY.MM.DD
where YYYY, MM and DD are numeric values indicating the draft revision
of SARIF.  This is valid semantic version that is before 2.0.0.

2) Upon final specification approval the version will change to "2.0.0".

3) We do not believe that we need to support current producers that have
used "2.0.0" for a version.

4) Producers SHALL use the draft version to indicate the version they
produce.

5) The Provisional draft and schema will be updated to reflect this.  I
will leave this up to Larry.

6) The git repository will be tagged with the draft version so you can
retrieve the Provisional Draft and schema after committing the
Provisional draft document and JSON schema with approved changes from
the TC.

Let us know if you have any comments, and Michael and Larry let me know
if forgot anything or got anything wrong.

Jim

--
Stefan Hagen
read://shagen.de