Subject: RE: [sarif] Approving change for #208

Ok, David reminds me that we didn’t actually approve #208. I’ll make it a normal agenda item for TC #25. The whole change is below.

From: sarif@lists.oasis-open.org <sarif@lists.oasis-open.org> On Behalf Of Larry Golding (Comcast)
Sent: Thursday, September 27, 2018 4:10 PM
To: 'OASIS SARIF TC Discussion List' <sarif@lists.oasis-open.org>
Subject: [sarif] Approving change for #208

At TC #24, we agreed to Issue #208, “Suggestion: require uriBaseId to be case-insensitive”, but I neglected to mention it in the motion to approve changes at the end.

I merged the changes we agreed to, but just to dot the Is and cross the Ts, I added an agenda item for TC #25 to ratify the change.

To remind you, the change was to add this paragraph to the section on fileLocation.uriBaseId, and the only change the TC asked for was to replace StringComparison.OrdinalIgnoreCase with CultureInfo.InvariantCulture:

The value of uriBaseId SHALL be interpreted in a case insensitive manner. If the platform on which the SARIF consumer executes offers a language-independent case insensitive string comparison facility (for example, locale.ROOT in Java or CultureInfo.InvariantCulture in .NET), the consumer SHOULD use that facility to compare uriBaseId values. Otherwise (that is, if no language-independent case insensitive string comparison is available, or if the SARIF consumer chooses not to use it), the SARIF consumer SHALL use English language casing conventions to perform the comparison