Subject: RE: [sarif] Interoperability testing

Thanks David! Could you tell us more about how a bake-off works? Do a set of tool vendors implement SARIF support in their tools, and we evaluate the results (perhaps by examining the files by hand, perhaps by opening them in the Visual Studio viewer)? Is there some sort of incentive to participate ("SARIF mug to the best implementation!" ð)?

From: sarif@lists.oasis-open.org <sarif@lists.oasis-open.org> On Behalf Of David Keaton
Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2018 8:04 AM
To: sarif@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [sarif] Interoperability testing

      OASIS arranged a talk about SARIF with WhiteSource this morning, because they are thinking of joining the TC.  I attended so I could answer some questions for them.  The WhiteSource people had an excellent idea which I thought I would pass along.

      After the SARIF standard is published, they suggested a bake-off to demonstrate interoperability between tools supporting SARIF.  This sort of thing is especially common for IETF standards where many vendors are expected to interoperate with each other, and it would be a good fit for SARIF.

      There is no need to devote resources to this before our document is published, but it's a good thing to keep in mind going forward.

					David