Subject: Editorial changes: non-unique locations and version number format

I fixed two bugs at editorial discretion, and reported them in the Editor’s Report as follows:

  1. Issue #223: "Remove uniqueItems constraint from result.locations"

    This is related to Issue #75: "Ensure spec properly accounts for tools that emit line #'s only for code locations". A tool might detect the same result multiple times on the same line but in different columns. If the tool does not report the column number, then the two results might be identical. We fixed this in March by removing the uniqueItems constraint from run.results.

    But we overlooked the fact that some tools report multiple locations within a single result -- and again, if the locations are on the same line but the tool does not report the column number, the two locations might be identical. The fix is to remove the uniqueItems constraint from result.locations.

  2. Issue #271: "Error in format of intermediate spec versions"

    The spec text omitted part of our agreed-upon format for the version number for intermediate versions of the spec. We agreed on "2.0.0-csd.2.beta.yyyy-mm-dd", but the spec text omitted the "csd.2.".