Subject: Change draft for #285: resultProvenance.invocationIndex

I pushed a change draft for Issue #285: “Provide a mechanism to associate a result with an invocation.”:

Documents/ChangeDrafts/Active/sarif-v2.0-issue-285-resultProvenance.invocationIndex.docx

We will move its adoption at TC #28 on Wednesday November 28th.

Jim Kupsch suggested this enhancement. The change draft proposes to implement his suggestion by adding a property invocationIndex to the resultProvenance object. This slightly broadens the meaning of resultProvenance: now it’s not just about telling you when the result was detected. But I still think it’s nicely cohesive. Its description now reads:

A resultProvenance object contains information about the how and when its containing result was detected.