OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

sarif message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: raw notes from face-to-face conference (#31)



Sent from Mail for Windows 10


anonymous morphed into [Co-Chair] David Keaton
[Co-Chair] David Keaton: Agenda for January 24-25, 2019

Dates and Times
January 24, 2019
 08:00  11:30Morning session
 11:30  13:30Lunch
 13:30  16:00Afternoon session
 18:00Optional dinner outing (time subject to change)
January 25, 2019
 08:00  11:30Morning session
 11:30  13:30Lunch
 13:30  15:30Afternoon session
Meeting location
Micro Focus Moffett Towers
1140 Enterprise Way
Sunnyvale, California 94089, United States
Phone: +1 408 734 4970
Meeting venue information
Logistics document
Local contact information
Yekaterina O'Neil <katrina@microfocus.com>
Meeting Chat Location
Meeting audio for remote attendees
Thursday, January 23:
To be supplied
Friday, January 24:
To be supplied
Day 1  January 24
Day 1 08:00-09:00
Arrive, get settled
Day 1 09:00-09:15
1. Opening Activities
1.1 Opening comments (Co-Chair Keaton, Host O'Neil)
1.2 Introduction of participants/roll call (Co-Chair Cartey)
1.3 Procedures for this meeting (Co-Chair Keaton)
1.4 Review of agenda (Co-Chair Keaton)
1.4.1 Any needed updates to agenda
1.4.2 Approval of agenda
1.5 Approval of previous minutes [Minutes of 2019-01-09 Meeting#30 To be supplied] (Co-Chair Keaton)
1.6 Review of action items and resolutions (Secretary Meyer)
1.7 Identification of SARIF TC voting members (Co-Chair Cartey)
1.7.1 Prospective members attending their first meeting
1.7.2 Members attaining voting rights at the end of this meeting
1.7.3 Members losing voting rights if they have not joined this meeting by the time it ends
1.7.4 Members who previously lost voting rights who are attending this meeting
1.7.5 Members who have declared a leave of absence
2. Timeline Status
2.1 Note where we are on the schedule [SARIF TC Timeline] (Co-Chair Keaton)
         - Working on CSD 2, with 34 open issues
3. Future Meetings
3.1 Future meeting schedule (Co-Chair Keaton)
Scheduled teleconference (Wednesdays at 09:30 PST / 17:30 UTC for two hours)
February 13
Day 1 09:15-10:15
4. Review and disposal of prepared change drafts and editorial changes
4.1 Editors' report
4.2 Approval of changes
Location of change drafts:
Discuss the following items individually, then vote on them together unless someone would like to separate out an issue for individual vote.
4.2.1 Add result.useful and result.suppressionReasons [#268]
4.2.2 originalUriBaseId object's values are directory locations not file locations [#306]
4.2.3 Any other change drafts to be reviewed
Day 1 10:15-10:30
Day 1 10:30-11:00
4. Review and disposal of prepared change drafts and editorial changes (continued)
Day 1 11:00-11:30
5. Discuss Metrics
Day 1 11:30-13:30
Day 1 13:30-14:30
6. TC Member Demos and Presentations, part 1
Day 1 14:30-15:30
7. Code Flows
Aide to discussion: Possible changes to threadflowLocation [#194] [#202]
Day 1 15:30-16:00
8. Review open TC issues
9. Discuss refinements to Day 2 agenda
[Co-Chair] David Keaton: 1. Opening Activities
[Co-Chair] David Keaton: 1.4.1 Changes to the agenda
Michael C. Fanning: Michael submits a motion to update the agenda: Item 4 amended to include GitHub issues review. Agenda item 5 to be replaced with discussing our roadmap to close (deferring metrics discussion)
Michael C. Fanning: Item 4 already includes issues review
Michael C. Fanning: So the revised motion is simply to replace the metrics discussion, item 5, with the roadmap to close, item 13
Katrina O`Neil: https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/64583/agenda_20190124.html
Michael C. Fanning: The motion is to remove item 4.2.1 and to bring item 8 in this section, to being review of open git hub issues. Next, we will swap 5 and 13.
Michael C. Fanning: Larry seconds. No discussion. No objections. Agenda is so amended.
[Co-Chair] David Keaton: 1.4.2 Approval of agenda as amended
Michael C. Fanning: Larry moves to approve the agenda
Michael C. Fanning: Michael seconds, no discussion, no objections, agenda is accepted as amended
[Co-Chair] David Keaton: 1.5 Approval of previous minute
[Co-Chair] David Keaton: https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/64585/minutes20190109.txt
Michael C. Fanning: Michael moves to accept the chat from the previous TC as minutes for that discussion
Michael C. Fanning: Larry seconds the motion, no discussion, no objections, chat trace is accepted as previous minutes
Michael C. Fanning: no open action items to report on
[Co-Chair] David Keaton: 2. Timeline Status
Michael C. Fanning: no changes in voting rights as of this meeting
Michael C. Fanning: timeline status, working on csd2, 34 open issues
Michael C. Fanning: we will establish plan to get to second (final) public review as part of this tc
Michael C. Fanning: next meeting is on 2/13
[Co-Chair] David Keaton: 4. Review and disposal of prepared change drafts and editorial changes
Michael C. Fanning: we will propose other meetings as required contingent on discussion today and tomorrow
Michael C. Fanning: we now proceed to editorial changes
Michael C. Fanning: larry presents the editor's report, a synopsis of disposition for #286, #298, #303 and #304
Michael C. Fanning: Larry will update the last editor's report to indicate we have a draft for #306
Michael C. Fanning: discussion of #306
Michael C. Fanning: feedback from Alex, explain conditions when it is possible to fully construct an absolute URL from the uriBaseId + relative uri
Michael C. Fanning: also applies to file location
Michael C. Fanning: Jim notes that 'segments' are preferable to 'directories'
Michael C. Fanning: Larry notes this section relates to file systems and so language around that context should predominate
Michael C. Fanning: Larry proposes to reject the change, after discussion
Michael C. Fanning: The core of the argument against is that originalUriBaseIds may usefully refer to non-directories
Michael C. Fanning: The TC will not make a motion to approve the draft for #306 (which will be closed as won't fix)
[Co-Chair] David Keaton: 8. Review open TC issues
anonymous morphed into Larry Golding
Michael C. Fanning: Resolution for #312:TC suggestion to add 'reintroduced'. rename existing to 'unchanged', updated is approved.
Michael C. Fanning: for #302, addresses, we have updated the issue with a basic proposal for an address object
Michael C. Fanning: we've identified a new opportunity to persist load map data in the SARIF as well
Michael C. Fanning: We have approved a URI normalization algorithm in #315
Michael C. Fanning: #311, full metadata objects for notifications is design approved
Michael C. Fanning: we will define arrays of rule and notification metadata objects and place these on the tool object
Michael C. Fanning: ruleConfiguration will remain behind on the run objecyt
Michael C. Fanning: We have a hat in the ring design for address objects from #302 documented in the issue
Michael C. Fanning: We approved guidance around preserving case in file paths for #209
Michael C. Fanning: We have designed a mechanism to describe extensions to tools, such as rules plug-ins
Michael C. Fanning: by defining a new toolComponent object, etc., #179

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]