Subject: tool.language considered unnecessary

Motivation: Most tool object properties are moving to toolComponent, so we will have tool.driver of type toolComponent, and tool.extensions of type toolComponent[]. The only other property left on tool is language.

Question: The spec says that language is “the language of the messages produced by the tool”. If I can read them, I know what language they are. If I can’t read them, I don’t care what language they are (and I might ask my SARIF viewer to go find the tool’s en-US strings). Why do I need tool.language?

The only scenario I can think of is where a result management system used by an English-speaking engineering team consumes a log file with messages in fr-FR, and decides to help out by downloading the tool’s en-US strings.

Thoughts?