Subject: Statements of Use

     Here is the information I promised during the meeting.

The Statements of Use are for a couple of stages farther along in the process than we are now:

1. We are about to approve a Committee Specification Draft and start a public comment period on it.

2. After the public comment period concludes, if we make no substantive changes, we can approve the draft as a Committee Specification.

3. The next step is to submit that Committee Specification as a Candidate OASIS Standard. To do so, we will need three Statements of Use, which must be for the Committee Specification being considered for Candidate OASIS Standard. It takes a careful reading, but the following text does indicate that the Statements of Use must reference "the Committee Specification" being promoted.

https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/tc-process-2017-05-26#OSsubmission

3a. The Statements of Use must indicate whether all of the current Committee Specification is in use, or parts of it. If only parts, the specific conformance clauses being used must be indicated.

https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/oasis-defined-terms-2018-05-22#dStatementUse

However, note that someone who conforms to a previous CSD could rightfully claim that they conform to the current Committee Specification for those conformance clauses that have not changed since the earlier CSD.

The Statements of Use may be from members or nonmembers, but at least one must be from an OASIS Organizational member.

					David