Subject: #354: "Closest first" message search

I made the changes for #354. I produced a change draft,

https://github.com/oasis-tcs/sarif-spec/blob/master/Documents/ChangeDrafts/Accepted/sarif-v2.0-issue-354-closest-message-first.docx

merged it into the provisional draft,

https://github.com/oasis-tcs/sarif-spec/blob/master/Documents/ProvisionalDrafts/sarif-v2.0-csd02-provisional.docx

and closed the issue.

The bulk of the change is in §3.11.7, which you should read (if you’re inclined to read it at all) as completely new text. There are minor changes elsewhere, where I appeal to this procedure instead of duplicating the lookup logic for rule and notification messages.

Let me know if you find typos or have editorial changes to suggest, but otherwise, as I said, I consider this issue closed.