Subject: RE: [sarif] Clarification about uri encoding

Yes, it is allowed, but the spec says

Two URI references SHALL be considered equivalent if their normalized forms are the same, as described in [RFC3986].

â which means that before you compare youâd have to un-escape it back to a colon â or is it the other way around? Iâd have to go back to the RFC to recall whether you can have a â:â in a path segment.

Larry

From: sarif@lists.oasis-open.org <sarif@lists.oasis-open.org> On Behalf Of Paul Anderson
Sent: Monday, April 8, 2019 9:29 AM
To: sarif@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [sarif] Clarification about uri encoding

All:

Is it valid SARIF to have a uri encoded like this: "file:///c%3A/tmp/foo.c", and for this to be considered the same as "file:///c:/tmp/foo.c"?

My reading is yes, the encoding of the colon in that position is optional, but I just want to make sure....

Thanks,

-Paul

--
Paul Anderson, VP of Engineering, GrammaTech, Inc.
531 Esty St., Ithaca, NY 14850