Subject: #380/#382: Code examples

I pushed a change draft for two editorial issues with a lot of text around them:

  • Issue #380: Improve tag metadata example.

    We now advise against using tags on result and rule objects; we recommend using taxonomies instead. But the example for tags metadata still used the result object as an example. I revised the example to be consistent with the “tags” example in the previous section.

  • Issue #382: Add examples demonstrating cached objects and index property

    Yekaterina wrote to the list saying she found the concepts of cached objects and the index property confusing. I responded with some examples, and she found them useful and suggested I add them to the spec.

    I placed the examples on the first occurrence of cached objects in the spec (run.addresses), and added notes to the subsequent occurrences, pointing back to the same example.

Change draft:

https://github.com/oasis-tcs/sarif-spec/blob/master/Documents/ChangeDrafts/Accepted/sarif-v2.0-editorial-380-382-examples.docx

Provisional draft with all changes merged:

https://github.com/oasis-tcs/sarif-spec/blob/master/Documents/ProvisionalDrafts/sarif-v2.0-csd02-provisional.docx