Subject: Re: [sarif] logical locations to array

On 5/21/19 6:37 AM, Paul Anderson wrote:
I got the notice of the new ballot this morning, and I notice that the version is now 2.1 whereas I had expected to see 2.0. Is this version number bump something that we are compelled to do? Does it mean that when we are done it will remain 2.1, so there will never be an official 2.0?

The issue was that some organizations had been supporting a 2.0 internally that was tracking earlier versions of the document, so 2.1 provides an upgrade path without requiring them to give up their earlier investment. So yes, the first public version will be 2.1.

					David