Subject: Re: [sarif] SARIF: next meeting, next steps

It turns out that I was mistaken and we *are* allowed to work on the document during the 7-day waiting period. That waiting period is really for OASIS, not for the TC. If there are comments and we ask OASIS for a Special Majority Vote, OASIS cannot begin that vote until the waiting period is over.

Therefore, we have an extra week available to us and I would like to schedule the SARIF teleconference one week earlier, on Wednesday, July 10, 09:30-11:30 PDT (16:30-18:30 UTC). Sorry for my earlier misunderstanding.

					David

On 2019-06-07 09:34, David Keaton wrote:
 As you have seen announced earlier this week, our public comment period is now underway. Because we switched the SARIF version number from 2.0 to 2.1.0, OASIS procedure required that we have a 30-day public comment period covering the whole document, rather than the 15-day public comment period focused on the diffs from the previous one.

 The public comment period essentially ends at 5pm Pacific time on July 5. There is a 7-day waiting period afterward, during which document changes cannot be discussed, so that extends to July 12.

 At our previous SARIF teleconference, we decided to have our next teleconference after the end of the 7-day waiting period. Consequently, I'm calling a SARIF teleconference the following Wednesday at our usual time: Wednesday, July 17, 09:30-11:30 PDT (16:30-18:30 UTC). The purpose will be to discuss any comments received during the public comment period, to discuss any recommendations of the editors for disposition of those comments, and to vote to ask OASIS to conduct a Special Majority Vote to promote the document to the next step, Committee Specification.

 There are many potential sources of uncertainty in the course of the process toward the final goal, OASIS Standard. However, if all goes well, the July 17 teleconference will be the last one we need for SARIF v2.1.0. If things go as expected, the rest of the process after that can be conducted by e-mail and e-ballots.

 ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ David