Subject: Re: [sarif] First Draft Statement of Relationship to Similar Work

On 2019-09-06 14:37, Larry Golding (Myriad Consulting Inc) wrote:
I suppose you could argue that since TOIF aspires to be a least-common-denominator interchange format, it is less likely that a tool vendor who decided to emit TOIF natively would all of a sudden discover opportunities to provide richer output. Is that the point you're making?

Right. Also, remember that the statement has to show the rest of OASIS an answer to the question "Why does SARIF exist when there is TOIF?" otherwise there is no point in their voting to make it an OASIS Standard. The whole of OASIS votes on that, not just the SARIF TC.

At this point, having made my contribution, which was just to remind you that "converters are a thing", I'm fine with changing "generally" to "often" and calling it a day.

     Sounds good, thanks.

					David