Subject: RE: continuing the discussion from today's meeting

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Michael Fanning
Sent: Thursday, March 25, 2021 10:10 AM
To: Yekaterina O'Neil; sarif@lists.oasis-open.org

Thank you very much for offering these comments. I will ask David whether this is a way we can integrate them into the minutes.

From my perspective, +1 on all of this. Fingerprints are confusing. It’s hard to document/provide guarantees on what portion of SARIF is populated. It’s interesting to consider how our standards effort could help.

Your thoughts on a dynamic analysis standard are clarifying. If we can create a metastandard/core as you say and extract/separate static vs dynamic, that could be very useful. Perhaps extensions for results management could be another add-on. Finally, some sort of descriptor/manifest in the log file document what’s persisted to it could be of general value, and perhaps we could leverage that to address how to enforce SARIF consistency (as produced by diverse tools).

Thanks again for taking the time to put this together. We’ll do a better job with time mgmt. next call to ensure everyone has a chance to speak.

MCF