OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

sarif message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Re: [sarif] Errata ready for full TC review

Oops, reviewing the schema unfortunately surfaced a blocker (I think):

On Sat, May 20, 2023, at 12:03, Stefan Hagen wrote:
Thanks a lot, David.

On Sat, May 20, 2023, at 03:18, David Keaton wrote:
      The document bundle I just added to the TC's OASIS document 
repository is the proposed SARIF errata after substantial cleanup and 
after being reviewed by a small group of people.  It is now ready for 
review by the full TC.

      At next week's SARIF teleconference, we will discuss submitting 
this to OASIS for a 15-day public review.  We could hold a vote at next 
month's teleconference, or if people feel comfortable with what we have, 
we could vote earlier than that.


I reviewed the errata "docx" file and created the following issue #577 along the way:
"Errata01 section 3.13.3, 4.3.2 (note 2 both) and title page - verify Schema URL is well chosen"
As clearly stated in there:

    I am OK with not touching the current errata package.

So, I am OK with progressing the documents albeit reading statements like
"semantics of the file system" make me uncomfortable.
It does not help reading those broad statements within a single sentence twice ;-)
... but that may only be me and it took us IMO long enough to provide these few errata.

PS: Can we please move to markdown for writing the next version of the spec?
I am volunteering as editor, if that helps. Providing diffs is so much easier with text.
For this review I had to convert both documents (with accepted changes) to PDF and then
diff these to have any way to see the intended differences (and esp. not differences
the word app claimed I did on the document ...)


I reviewed the errata complete schema file for SARIF itself and created issue #578:
"Errata01 schema addition to region is invalid"

I propose someone fixes the schema file (as provided in the issue,
updates the schema diff, and uploads a new errata package so we
can still decide to progress during the next meeting (or move then
to progress after the fix has applied).

Without that change I am sure we do not want to progress the errata.

All the best,

Stefan Hagen, Emmetten, Nidwalden, Switzerland.
orcid: https://orcid.org/0000-0003-4206-892X
read: https://stefan-hagen.website
write: stefan@hagen.digital

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]