sca-assembly-testing message

Subject: RE: [sca-assembly-testing] Progress on Test Assertions for Sections 7, 9, 10

Eric,

The chapter numbers all refer to the numbers that applied before the old section 3 was removed in CD02 Rev3.

I suggest that you use the latest accepted version of the spec CD02-Rev4, noting that the section numbers are
"out by one" - ie stick with the "old" numbers and don't change to the new ones for now.

I'll get the TAs up to date with the final version of the Assembly spec once the vote is done next week.  Don't worry
about any changes to the sections other than the ones you're dealing with.

Yes, we should record the reference to the version of the spec - I'll do that in an update to the TA document.

Yours,  Mike.

Co Chair OASIS SCA Assembly TC.
Phone & FAX: +44-1962-818014    Mobile: +44-7802-467431
Email:  mike_edwards@uk.ibm.com

From: "Eric Wells" <eric.wells@hitachisoftware.com>
To: Mike Edwards/UK/IBM@IBMGB
Date: 16/02/2009 22:47

Mike,
        I'm trying to complete my AI to write TA's, but I can't figure out what version of the documents to use.

There seems to be three (or maybe more) "active versions of the SCA Assembly spec  - CD02 Rev 5, CD02, Rev 4, CD02 Rev 4 + Issue 34. I also think that the existing TA's were based on CD01, but I can't remember the revision.

None of the Test document actually say what version of the spec the are based on and I think this is a problem, especially due to the renumbering  because a section was deleted.

Can you please let me know which version of the spec I should use for TA's? (A link would be great!)

We should also record somewhere a definitive reference to which version of the spec should be used.

Best Regards,
                       Eric.

Eric Wells.
Consulting Engineer.
Hitachi Computer Products (America) Inc.
San Francisco, CA. USA.
+1 (415) 656-4346
eric.wells@hitachisoftware.com