Subject: Re: [sca-assembly] Potential Harmonization of OASIS SOA TC Activities

Hi Jeff,
    We discussed this item this morning during the OpenCSA Steering
Committee meeting, and as Chair, I was asked to respond to your
interest/request quickly. (There should be something in the minutes
when they come out.)

    The consensus was that this is an issue worth discussing and
exploring. The suggested first step was to engage in some information
sharing so that both groups can gain a common understanding of the
work of both groups and decide what, if any, further actions should
be taken. There was agreement that the Assembly TC is the right place
to start on the SCA side. There was some discussion on how to go
about setting up some information sharing sessions once the TC starts
operating. I'm happy that there will be some SOA-RM TC participants
at the plenary so that they will be able to listen to the various
presentations on the state of the SCA work and figure out how to
proceed. Mike Edwards agreed to take the lead (for the moment) in
making sure that the right discussions happen during the meeting do
that we can move forward. I'm sure there will some others on the SCA
side who will also want to talk. Danny, Francis (if he attends), and
anyone else who is interested should make sure to talk with Mike and
do some planning.

   Thanks for your  interest - and congratulations on your wedding
plans.

     cheers,
      jeff m

--
Jeff Mischkinsky			          		jeff.mischkinsky@oracle.com
Director, Oracle Fusion Middleware and Web Services Standards	+1(650)