Subject: Draft Minutes 2007-10-02 are attached

Title: SCA-Assy - 2007-10-02

OASIS Logo

- DRAFT -

SCA-Assembly Teleconference

Attendees
fred carter, AmberPoint, Group Member
Dale Moberg, Axway Software*, Group Member
David DiFranco, BEA Systems, Inc., Group Member
Michael Rowley, BEA Systems, Inc., Group Member
Reza Shafii, BEA Systems, Inc., Group Member
Jacques Durand, Fujitsu Limited*, Group Member
Tom Rutt, Fujitsu Limited*, Group Member
Robert Freund, Hitachi, Ltd., Group Member
Michael Beisiegel, IBM, Group Member
David Booz, IBM, Group Member
Graham Charters, IBM, Group Member
Jean-Sebastien Delfino, IBM, Group Member
Mike Edwards, IBM, Group Member
Simon Holdsworth, IBM, Group Member
Simon Nash, IBM, Group Member
Meeraj Kunnumpurath, Individual, Group Member
Pierre Tane, Nortel, Group Member
Martin Chapman, Oracle Corporation, Group Member
Uday Joshi, Oracle Corporation, Group Member
Anish Karmarkar, Oracle Corporation, Group Member
Jason Kinner, Oracle Corporation, Group Member
Rich Levinson, Oracle Corporation, Group Member
Ashok Malhotra, Oracle Corporation, Group Member
Jeff Mischkinsky, Oracle Corporation, Group Member
Jaime Meritt, Progress Software, Group Member
David Haney, Rogue Wave Software, Group Member
Ron Barack, SAP AG*, Group Member
Henning Blohm, SAP AG*, Group Member
Peter Peshev, SAP AG*, Group Member
Martin Raepple, SAP AG*, Group Member
Mark Hapner, Sun Microsystems, Group Member
Monica Martin, Sun Microsystems, Group Member
Peter Walker, Sun Microsystems, Group Member
Pete Wenzel, Sun Microsystems, Group Member
Sabin Ielceanu, TIBCO Software Inc., Group Member
Paul Fremantle, WSO2*, Group Member
Chair
Mike Edwards, Martin Chapman
Scribe
Bob Freund

Contents

Topics
[1]  Agenda Bashing
[2]  JIRA
[3]  Version Nr. for SCA-Assembly spec
[4]  RFC2119
[5]  New Issues
[6]  Issue Nr 3 Normative nature of interface Java specification
[7]  Issue Nr. 1 isBinding SCA always present?
[8]  New Issue use of UML 2.0
[9]  AOB?
Table of Resolutions
Table of Action Items

Action Items

New:
2007-10-02-1: MikeE to fix the above page

Resolutions

Minutes

Scribe: Bob Freund

Agenda Bashing

<Martin C>
Resolution: agenda accepted

JeffM moved, Kand seconded to approve minutes
Resolution: minutes of last meeting approved without objection

JIRA

<Martin C>
MikeE:
JIRA use approved by OASIS staff, and JIRA is now live

... issues editor rights have been set; everyone now has read access

... JIRA is being tuned to conform to the process we have accepted

Proposal- Since we have been told to not discusss an issue until it has an issue number assigned, could the isue editors please respond with an email once it has been entered into JIRA?

All new issues shall be sent to th mailing list

Proposal- that the issue "user" field be picked up from whoever submitted the initial issue

Scott moved and JeffM seconded that the two proposals above be accepted
Resolution: two proposals above accepted without objection
<jeffm>
JeffM:
What does the url field mean in the above page?
Action: MikeE to fix the above page
<anish>
can we get the URL of the email that raised the issue in JIRA as well?
JeffM:
Who decides what components are?
MikeE:
The TC will decide

... lets have a discussion on the email list about what a sensible breakdown of components might be for Assembly

Version Nr. for SCA-Assembly spec

Chapman:
last week the stering ctte considered

... and recommended that the current version be 1.1

... and that further numbers consider issues such as compatibility
TRutt:
If we have to make a change to all of the namespaces ould that change the revision Nr?
MikeE:
I think that would be rather a cosmetic change
JeffM:
namespace changes do break implementations, I think that it should be a judgement call taking into consideration if the change is a breaking change

... but a change solely to move to an OASIS namespace probably does not count.

By OASIS rules, we must change the namespaces to OASIS namespaces.
MikeE:
As long as the xsds' don't change it is rather minor

Sanjay moves to adopt version 1.1 as proposed by the steering cttee seconded by DBooz
Resolution: TC adopts the recommendation of the steeering ctte and will consider the spec under process to be version 1.1
<Martin C>

RFC2119

<Sanjay>
how many times can one have de javu?
<Martin C>
The Steering Committee (SC) recommends to each SCA Technical Committee to use the RFC 2119 keywords along with the following restrictions in their specifications:
a) All RFC 2119 keywords will be of the uppercase form (for example, RFC 2119 keywords MUST be capitalized)
b) Use of lower-case 2119 keywords will not be used in the spec. When the use of 2119 keyword is needed, without having the implications wrt conformance, a suitable synonym will be found.
c) RFC 2119 defines keywords that are synonyms of each other. For example 'SHALL' and 'MUST' mean the same thing. The TC should not use multiple forms to mean the same. Therefore the TC should use 'MUST' instead of 'SHALL' and 'MUST NOT' instead of 'SHALL NOT' through out the spec.
Martin:
The link abov impose some restrictions wrt use of RFC2119 ketywords proposed
Martin:
In order to keep things simple, the BPEL TC adopted the above three restrictions as recommended by the steering ctee.

Sanjay moves to adopt the steering cttee recommendation seconded by JeffM
Resolution: Restriction of RFC2119 keywords as recommended by the steering cttee approved without onjection

New Issues

Issue Nr 3 Normative nature of interface Java specification

TomR:
Introduces his issue
<Sanjay>
do we really need motions for accepting issues?
<Khanderao Kand>
khanderao seconding

Scott moves and Khandarao seconds to accept new issue
Resolution: New Issue Nr 3 opened without objection

Issue Nr. 1 isBinding SCA always present?

Sanjay:
Introduces his new issue
Resolution: Issue Nr. 1 opened without objection

New Issue use of UML 2.0

<Martin C>
jeff estefan
JeffE:
Introduces his issue

... that proposes the use of an industry standard visual modeling language
<Sanjay>
JeffE, what is so cartoon-like about the current diagrams?
Resolution: Issue Nr. 2 opened without objections (however there were some reservations voiced)
MikeE:
Shall we assign a responsible party when we open an issue?
<anish>
Scott, if you record the public URL of the email that raised the issue that would capture the issue raiser's name
<tomRutt>
OMG will have a revised submission on UML Profile and Metamodel for Services RFP, which will have a mapping onto SCA
<anish>
OMG=oh my god?
Anish:
if we were to record the public url of the new issue email, that would record the originator
<Scott Vorthmann>
I'm always confused with Eric
Martin:
New issue email -> issues editor assigns an issue number and posts to the list all before the issue is accepted
<Mike Edwards>
Yeah
Khanderao:
then it is possible that we might discuss an issue even though it might not be accepted.

AOB?

Resolution: adjourned

[End of Minutes]
Formatted on 2007-10-04 at 10:13:13 GMT-4

Minutes formatted by Schreiber, a collection of XSLT stylesheets by Bob Freund modeled after David Booth's scribe

Schreiber diagnostics output

[Delete this section before publishing the minutes]

final validation: Chair not specified, default chair 'Mike Edwards, Martin Chapman' was assumed

statistics: Schreiber found 86 input lines

edits: Schreiber found the following text-edit commands:

edits: Line 27: bob: s/Mike:/MikeE:

edits: Line 31: bob: s/discus/discuss

edits: Line 33: bob: s/Since/Proposal- Since

edits: Line 57: bob: s/that/what

edits: Line 65: bob: s/1.0/1.1

edits: Line 83: bob: s/DBoz/DBooz

edits: Line 89: bob: s/consideration/process

edits: Line 104: bob: s/acced/adopted

edits: Line 114: bob: s/Topic:/Topic: Issue Nr 3

edits: Line 134: bob: s/Is /Issue Nr. 1 is

command-scribe: Line 3: Bob Freund recognized

command-scribe: Schreiber detected that this section was scribed online

edit-substitute: command on line 27 succeeded, changed line 19 from 'Mike:' to 'MikeE:'

edit-delete: Line 27 was deleted

edit-substitute: command on line 31 succeeded, changed line 29 from 'discus' to 'discuss'

edit-substitute: command on line 33 succeeded, changed line 29 from 'Since' to 'Proposal- Since'

edit-delete: Line 31 was deleted

edit-delete: Line 33 was deleted

edit-substitute: command on line 57 succeeded, changed line 55 from 'that' to 'what'

edit-delete: Line 57 was deleted

edit-substitute: command on line 65 succeeded, changed line 63 from '1.0' to '1.1'

edit-delete: Line 65 was deleted

edit-substitute: command on line 83 succeeded, changed line 81 from 'DBoz' to 'DBooz'

edit-delete: Line 83 was deleted

edit-substitute: command on line 89 succeeded, changed line 85 from 'consideration' to 'process'

edit-delete: Line 89 was deleted

edit-substitute: command on line 104 succeeded, changed line 102 from 'acced' to 'adopted'

edit-delete: Line 104 was deleted

edit-substitute: command on line 114 succeeded, changed line 112 from 'Topic:' to 'Topic: Issue Nr 3'

edit-delete: Line 114 was deleted

edit-substitute: command on line 134 succeeded, changed line 126 from 'Is ' to 'Issue Nr. 1 is'

edit-delete: Line 134 was deleted

system: Transformer: SAXON SA 8.9

[End of Schreiber diagnostic output]