Subject: Draft Minutes of 2007-10-09 are attached

Title: SCA-Assy - 2007-10-09

OASIS Logo

- DRAFT -

SCA-Assembly TC Teleconference

Attendees

Present
Duane Nickull (Adobe Systems)
fred carter (AmberPoint)
Dale Moberg (Axway Software*)
David DiFranco (BEA Systems, Inc.)
Jim Marino (BEA Systems, Inc.)
Michael Rowley (BEA Systems, Inc.)
Jacques Durand (Fujitsu Limited*)
Tom Rutt (Fujitsu Limited*)
Robert Freund (Hitachi, Ltd.)
Eisaku Nishiyama (Hitachi, Ltd.)
Eric Wells (Hitachi, Ltd.)
Michael Beisiegel (IBM)
Graham Charters (IBM)
Jean-Sebastien Delfino (IBM)
Mike Edwards (IBM)
Simon Holdsworth (IBM)
Dieter Koenig (IBM)
Peter Furniss (Iris Financial Solutions Ltd.)
Jeff Estefan (Jet Propulsion Laboratory:*)
Martin Chapman (Oracle Corporation)
Khanderao Kand (Oracle Corporation)
Anish Karmarkar (Oracle Corporation)
Jason Kinner (Oracle Corporation)
Ashok Malhotra (Oracle Corporation)
Jeff Mischkinsky (Oracle Corporation)
Jaime Meritt (Progress Software)
David Haney (Rogue Wave Software)
Ron Barack (SAP AG*)
Henning Blohm (SAP AG*)
Peter Peshev (SAP AG*)
Prasad Yendluri (Software AG, Inc.*)
Peter Walker (Sun Microsystems)
Sabin Ielceanu (TIBCO Software Inc.)
Scott Vorthmann (TIBCO Software Inc.)
Chair
Mike Edwards and Martin Chapman
Scribe
Bob Freund
Agenda:
1. Opening
Introductions
Roll call
Scribe confirmation
Agenda bashing
2. Approval of minutes of SCA-Assembly TC meeting of 2nd October
3. New Issues
ASSEMBLY-4: Dynamic change of callbacks http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-4
ASSEMBLY-5: component type allows to specify wire targets on references http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-5
ASSEMBLY-6: usage of not promoted references http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-6
ASSEMBLY-7: Replacement of binding types http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-7
ASSEMBLY-8: SCDL artifact resolution underspecified http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-8
4. Open Issues
ASSEMBLY-3 Is interface.java specification normative in SCA-Assembly spec?
ASSEMBLY-2 use of UML 2.0
ASSEMBLY-1 Is binding.sca always present?
5. AOB

Contents

Topics
[1]  Opening
[2]  Approval of minutes 2007-10-02
[3]  New Issue Assembly-4
[4]  New Issue Assembly-5
[5]  New Issue Assembly-6
[6]  New Issue Assembly-7
[7]  New Issue Assembly-8
[8]  Open issues
[9]  Assembly-1 Is binding.sca always present
[10]  Assembly-2 http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-2 Use of UML 2.0
[11]  AOB
Table of Resolutions
Table of Action Items

Action Items

New:

Resolutions

Minutes

Scribe: Bob Freund

Opening

Roll: 25/37 67% of voting members, the meeting is quorate

Agendum+ Discusion of namespace usage

Agendum+ Discussion of Assy spec draft
Resolution: agenda approved w/o

Approval of minutes 2007-10-02

<Martin C>
Resolution: M:Henning S:Karmarker Minutes of 2007-10-02 approved w/o

New Issue Assembly-4

New issue introduced by Peter Peshev, the submitter
Resolution: New Issue Assembly-4 accepted w/o

New Issue Assembly-5

Issue introduced by is originator, Henning
Resolution: New Issue Assembly-5 accepted w/o

New Issue Assembly-6

New Issue introduced by its originator, Peter Peshev
Resolution: New Issue Assembly-6 accepted w/o

New Issue Assembly-7

<anish>

New issue introduced by its originator, Peter Peshev

Discussion with some arguing that this should be a binding issue, others that it relates to conformance
Resolution: M:Rowley S:Charters New Issue Assembly-7 rejected(closed) and referred to the bindings TC w/o

New Issue Assembly-8

New issue was introduced by its originator
Resolution: New Issue Assembly-8 accepted w/o

Open issues

Assembly-1 Is binding.sca always present

PROPOSAL: Add the following semantics to the specifications:
For internal wires, it should always be possible to use bindings.sca regardless of which standard bindings are associated with that internal wire. In particular:
A> It should always be possible to use binding.sca for internal wires, irrespective of which standard bindings, if any, are associated with either end of that internal wire.
B> When a component service uses a standard binding (e.g. binding.ws), it should be possible for a client from anywhere (with right permissions, etc) to communicate with that service using the standard binding, irrespective of whether that component service is promoted to the domain level or not.

Further debate deferred until Sanjay is present
MikeE:
Prefers that worked examples be included in the proposal

Assembly-2 http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-2 Use of UML 2.0

MikeE:
Discusses his proposal that supports use of the current diagrams
<anish>
JeffE:
Suggests that text stating that other forms are posible be added to the spec
MichaelR:
What does it mean for it to be normative ?(irrespective of whether it is optional)
Martin:
This might be its own conformance point
JeffM:
It is premature to be making this decision. I think we should think about blessing multiple diagrammatic formats.
TomR:
What is the consumer of this diagram? Do we want diagram exchange? Do we need it?

... if we do then we need to support all of that infrastructure.

... I agree that us fools should not rush in
MikeE:
Existing diagrams work well. We need to recognise that we need some form of diagram

AOB

MikeE:
Please pay attention to discussions concerning namespace resolutions

Adjourned

[End of Minutes]
Formatted on 2007-10-10 at 12:20:17 GMT-4

Minutes formatted by Schreiber, a collection of XSLT stylesheets by Bob Freund modeled after David Booth's scribe

Schreiber diagnostics output

[Delete this section before publishing the minutes]

citation-detection-scribed: Line 66: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'Roll'

citation-detection-scribed: Line 120: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'PROPOSAL'

statistics: Schreiber found 103 input lines

edits: Schreiber found the following text-edit commands:

edits: Line 104: bob: s/we are/the meeting is

command-scribe: Line 41: Bob Freund recognized

command-scribe: Schreiber detected that this section was scribed online

citation-detection-irc1: Line 52: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'ASSEMBLY-4'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 53: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'ASSEMBLY-5'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 54: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'ASSEMBLY-6'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 55: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'ASSEMBLY-7'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 56: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'ASSEMBLY-8'

edit-substitute: command on line 104 succeeded, changed line 66 from 'we are' to 'the meeting is'

edit-delete: Line 104 was deleted

system: Transformer: SAXON SA 8.9

[End of Schreiber diagnostic output]