Subject: RE: [sca-assembly] RE: [ASSEMBLY-31] Wiring from a reference with no binding to a service with a binding

Hi Mike,

OK, I understand we have different opinion between me and you + Dave

But can you help me understand why ? I guess you are afraid that the
component may break without binding.xyz in the scenario below. However
the contract between the SCA assembly and the programming technology is
the interface that is on the service. If the SCA runtime can construct
objects fulfilling the interface, then what is the problem ?

I.e. does it makes a difference for a component with interface.wsdl
whether its XML-ish  data objects in the interface were received via
HTTP POST operation, via SOAP over JMS, or by direct local call ?

Best Regards
Peter
________________________________

From: Mike Edwards [mailto:mike_edwards@uk.ibm.com]
Sent: Monday, 3. December 2007 15:47
To: OASIS Assembly
Subject: [sca-assembly] RE: [ASSEMBLY-31] Wiring from a reference with
no binding to a service with a binding

Peter,

My comments and responses inline....

Yours,  Mike.

Phone & FAX: +44-1962-818014    Mobile: +44-7802-467431
Email:  mike_edwards@uk.ibm.com

"Peshev, Peter" <peter.peshev@sap.com> wrote on 29/11/2007 15:08:11:

> Hi Dave,
>
> A question for your scenario :
>
> Suppose someone exposes on the domain a service with binding.xyz (no
XYZ
> related intents), than deploys another component that wires to this
> service and there is no binding (or only binding.sca) on the reference
> of this second component.
>
> What should happen at runtime with the reference with the "morphed"
> binding.sca being used :
>

> A) The runtime implementation of "morphed" binding.sca MUST use the
> transport protocol as specific to binding.xyz

It is my view that IF binding.sca is not present on the service, THEN
the wire from the client MUST use binding.xyz.  So this is what I think
happens for both my proposal and Dave's variation.

> B) The binding.sca MAY use the transport protocol  (or for example it
> may do local calls satisfying the policies if the vendor detects that
> both components are from the same JVM / process / etc.)

No, tough, the configuration says that the wire MUST use binding.xyz.
This
is not allowed.

There IS a way of getting behaviour B) - the service should be declared
explicitly with both binding.xyz AND binding.sca.

> Best Regards
> Peter

741598.
Registered office: PO Box 41, North Harbour, Portsmouth, Hampshire PO6
3AU