Subject: Re: [sca-c-cpp] Conversations

Folks,

Some comments inline

Bryan Aupperle <aupperle@us.ibm.com>

21/01/2008 15:08

sca-c-cpp@lists.oasis-open.org
cc
Subject
[sca-c-cpp] Conversations

As I was looking at the section on conversations, I noticed a couple of things.

1) We describe the endsConveration attribute in two locations, just before section 5.1 and then again in section 5.3.  I think it makes sense to consolidate the material in section 5.3.  What do others think?

<mje> +1 </mje>

2) In section 5.4 we point out it is possible to pass a service reference to a remote service.  Do we really mean that service references have meaning across runtimes?  I know that this text comes from the Java spec, but I doubt that a service reference from Java would make any sense to a C++ implementation and vice versa..  I suspect that this may be an assembly concern.

<mje> I think that all the specs are a bit vague on this.  A "service reference" would have to be passed around in business data as something akin to a Web services Endpoint Reference (EPR), where what is being passed around is the address of the target of the service reference used by the sender.  There is a lot of difficulty associated with this in that firstly, the nature of the EPR depends on the binding type being used by the service.  Secondly, in what way is the policy information related to the EPR transmitted?  Possibly WSDL could be used for this, but not all binding types are going to work with WS Policy.

I seriously wonder whether this advanced function should be removed from the specifications for the present due to these difficulties

</mje>

Bryan Aupperle, Ph.D.
STSM, WebSphere Enterprise Platform Software Solution Architect
Master Inventor

Research Triangle Park,  NC
+1 919-254-7508 (T/L 444-7508)
Internet Address: aupperle@us.ibm.com