Subject: Re: [sca-assembly] ISSUE 40: Autowire at the domain-level

Or we could choose to disallow autowire at the Domain level for everyone.
At the very least, I think it should be an optional feature if it stays.
If it stays, then I'd like the default to be off for the Domain.

My main concern with autowire in the domain is that it is potentially very
dangerous in a large enterprise production environment.  It has the
possibility for un-intentional side effects. Those environments generally
like to put very tight control over the relationships between the different
parts of the system (domain).  I suspect that since you raised the
question, there may be other environments where less rigor is tolerable and
surprises can be dealt with easily, e.g. turning your phone off and then on
again. In those cases it seems that the introduction of a new autowire
target into the domain is one of the drivers of the re-injection
capability.  I think this is your second bullet below.

Dave Booz
STSM, SCA and WebSphere Architecture
Co-Chair OASIS SCA-Policy TC
Poughkeepsie, NY (845)-435-6093  or  8-295-6093
e-mail:booz@us.ibm.com
http://washome.austin.ibm.com/xwiki/bin/view/SCA2Team/WebHome

             Scott Vorthmann
             <scottv@tibco.com
                                       Michael Rowley <mrowley@bea.com>
             01/22/2008 07:11                                           cc
             PM                        "OASIS Assembly"
                                       <sca-assembly@lists.oasis-open.org>
                                                                   Subject
                                       [sca-assembly] ISSUE 40: Autowire
                                       at the domain-level