Subject: Re: [sca-assembly] ISSUE 49: Add an optional description attribute topromoted properties, references and services

I was going to make a similar proposal for **SCA elements in general**.

We get corresponding customer requests for SCA components as well as for
BPEL processes (which support a documentation element like the one below)
and BPEL4People-style user interactions (new OASIS TC, the submitted spec
has all the elements below).

I propose a base type that supports displayName, description, and
documentation - each one 0..unbounded with an xml:lang attribute.

   <xsd:complexType name="SCABaseType" abstract="true">
      <xsd:sequence>
         <xsd:element name="displayName" type="sca:tDisplayName" minOccurs
="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
         <xsd:element name="description" type="sca:tDescription" minOccurs
="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
         <xsd:element name="documentation" type="sca:tDocumentation"
minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
      </xsd:sequence>
   </xsd:complexType>

   <!-- natural language strings -->
   <xsd:complexType name="tDisplayName">
      <xsd:simpleContent>
         <xsd:extension base="sca:tText64">
            <xsd:attribute ref="xml:lang"/>
         </xsd:extension>
      </xsd:simpleContent>
   </xsd:complexType>
   <xsd:complexType name="tDescription">
      <xsd:simpleContent>
         <xsd:extension base="sca:tText254">
            <xsd:attribute ref="xml:lang"/>
         </xsd:extension>
      </xsd:simpleContent>
   </xsd:complexType>
   <xsd:complexType name="tDocumentation">
      <xsd:simpleContent>
         <xsd:extension base="sca:tText4096">
            <xsd:attribute ref="xml:lang"/>
         </xsd:extension>
      </xsd:simpleContent>
   </xsd:complexType>

   <!-- length-restricted strings -->
   <xsd:simpleType name="tText64">
      <xsd:restriction base="xsd:string">
         <xsd:maxLength value="64"/>
         <xsd:whiteSpace value="preserve"/>
      </xsd:restriction>
   </xsd:simpleType>
   <xsd:simpleType name="tText254">
      <xsd:restriction base="xsd:string">
         <xsd:maxLength value="254"/>
         <xsd:whiteSpace value="preserve"/>
      </xsd:restriction>
   </xsd:simpleType>
   <xsd:simpleType name="tText4096">
      <xsd:restriction base="xsd:string">
         <xsd:maxLength value="4096"/>
         <xsd:whiteSpace value="preserve"/>
      </xsd:restriction>
   </xsd:simpleType>

Kind Regards
DK

 Dieter König                          Mail: dieterkoenig@de.ibm.com         IBM Deutschland Entwicklung GmbH

 Senior Technical Staff Member         Tel (office): (+49) 7031-16-3426      Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats:
                                                                             Martin Jetter

 Architect, Business Process           Fax (office): (+49) 7031-16-4890      Geschäftsführung: Herbert Kircher
 Choreographer

 Member, Technical Expert Council      Tel (home office): (+49) 7032-201464  Sitz der Gesellschaft: Böblingen

                                       Schönaicher Strasse 220, 71032        Registergericht: Amtsgericht
                                       Böblingen, Germany                    Stuttgart, HRB 243294