Subject: Re: AW: [sca-assembly] ISSUE 5: Component type allows to specify wiretargets on references: PROPOSAL

Ron,

I'm really quite surprised at the idea expressed in your note.

A programmer would use SCA rather than some alternative technologies such as JAX-WS because SCA is simpler and easier to use.

SCA does not require any proxies or stubs to be built and included with your business code.  SCA only needs a Java interface to
work with.

Finally, SCA gives great flexibility - it is possible to change from Web services to JMS or to any other technology without need to
change your code.  It is also possible to add Policy features like security without needing to change your code.

It is also possible to work without creating WSDL ahead of time.  For some developers this is a big deal.

"Barack, Ron" <ron.barack@sap.com>

13/03/2008 15:19

Mike Edwards/UK/IBM@IBMGB, <sca-assembly@lists.oasis-open.org>
cc
Subject
AW: [sca-assembly] ISSUE 5: Component type allows to specify wire targets on references: PROPOSAL

Hi Mike,

In this use-case, why would the programmer use SCA rather than whatever means the technology offers to access web services?  For example, I'd expect a java component to use JAX-WS here, not SCA.  What benefits does SCA bring to the use-case?

Ron