Subject: Re: [sca-assembly] ISSUE 59: Conversations with more than 2 participants

Anish,
I think this is a very important question to ask and answer.  Our position near the top of the slippery slope does not seem to be holding up well.  Later today I will send out a proposal to the sca-j TC for removing conversational callback interfaces, because of the large simplification that this provides.  I think we should also be considering the same question of complexity/benefit ratio for conversational infrastructure support on regular non-bidrectional interfaces.  At this stage I haven't come to a conclusion on whether benefit > complexity or vice versa.

    Simon

Simon C. Nash, IBM Distinguished Engineer
Member of the IBM Academy of Technology
Tel. +44-1962-815156  Fax +44-1962-818999

Mike Edwards/UK/IBM@IBMGB

27/03/2008 09:08

"OASIS Assembly" <sca-assembly@lists.oasis-open.org>
cc
Subject
Re: [sca-assembly] ISSUE 59: Conversations with more than 2 participants

Anish Karmarkar <Anish.Karmarkar@oracle.com> wrote on 27/03/2008 07:10:36:

> I would like to put forward a more radical alternative

> Is it time to simplify the
> model by cutting functionality, given that one can still achieve
> statefulness but without infrastructure support?
>
> -Anish
> --

Not picking on Anish particularly, but can I ask the question about HOW
someone can achieve statefulness in SCA without infrastructure support?

Can we show what it would look like?  What would it mean for component

writers?  What would it mean for service interfaces?