Subject: Re: [sca-assembly] ISSUE 37: Need to clarify contents of an SCA Domainvirtual composite

Here's a simple example of the use case I'm concerned about losing if we were to adopt the proposed resolution discussed on last week's call:

<composite xmlns="http://www.osoa.org/xmlns/sca/1.0"
        targetNamespace="http://mynamespace"
        name="mycomposite">

    <service name="MyService2" promote="MyServiceComponent">
        <binding.ws uri="http://localhost:8086/MyServiceComponent" />
    </service>

    <component name="MyServiceComponent">
        <implementation.java class="myserver.MyServiceImpl" />
        <service name="MyService">
            <interface.java interface="myserver.MyService" />
        </service>
    </component>
</composite>

The general case that this example illustrates is a composite service that promotes and configures a component service.  The composite-level configuration could be a different binding, a different set of intents, a restricted set of operations exposed on the interface, etc.  The composite could have promoted references as well as promoted services.

The composite would be usable as an implementation, even though in this case (maybe a unit test environment) it is being deployed directly into the domain.  I'd like to be able to test the composite and its promoted services and references before writing implementations that use it.

    Simon

Simon C. Nash, IBM Distinguished Engineer
Member of the IBM Academy of Technology
Tel. +44-1962-815156  Fax +44-1962-818999

Scott Vorthmann <scottv@tibco.com>

14/01/2008 16:55

David Booz <booz@us.ibm.com>
cc
<sca-assembly@lists.oasis-open.org>
Subject
[sca-assembly] ISSUE 37: Need to clarify contents of an SCA Domain virtual composite

http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-37