Subject: Re: [sca-assembly] ISSUE 8 - Artifact resolution - proposal V4

Folks,

Comments inline as <mje> </mje>

From: Anish Karmarkar <Anish.Karmarkar@oracle.com>
To: David Booz <booz@us.ibm.com>
Cc: sca-assembly@lists.oasis-open.org
Date: 16/09/2008 15:28

Two questions:

1) Pseudo schema for import is as follows:
<import namespace="xs:String" location=”xs:AnyURI”?/>*
Why is location optional?

<mje>
location can be used to name a specific contribution to search for artifacts in the namespace.

If location is left out, it means "search any and all contributions to the domain which export this
namespace" - useful if for example a company uses a common namespace for "globally accessible"
web services, even where they are separately contributed in several contributions.
</mje>

2) Section 11.2.1 says:
"1.                 from the contribution’s direct dependencies by resolving its sca
import statements. Dependencies MUST NOT be searched recursively in
order to locate artifacts.
2.                 from the contents of the contribution itself."

How do things like schemaLocation/wsdlLoction fit here? Is that
considered to be part of bullet 2?

<mje>
schemaLocation and wsdlLocation can be used and take precendence.
The spec does say this already, prior to this proposal - no change is envisaged in this function
</mje>