Subject: Re: [sca-assembly] [Issue 95] "wiredByImpl" is an invalid attribute for aComposite Reference

Folks,

A comment on whether there is meaning to multiplicity for a reference marked as "wiredByImpl".

Since it is the implementation itself that declares the reference, including whether it is "wiredByImpl",
the question of whether multiplicity has a meaning is moot unless there is a definition of how an
implementation goes about handling a "wiredByImpl" reference.

Talk about representation of the reference as a scalar or as an array makes some assumptions
about how the reference gets into the implementation code in the first place.  For Java, there is
currently no definition of how to do this for a "wiredByImpl" reference.  The function is defined for BPEL
implementations but I note that there, the multiplicity of a wiredByImpl reference is fixed at 0..1.

However, I can argue that the multiplicity of the reference is irrelevant to the Assembly layer.  The
reference can't be wired by the assembly, and that's that.  All that can be applied by the assembly
layer is configuration in terms of policies.  And there can only be a single copy of that.

The notion expressed below - that the implementation would place requirements upon itself whether
to wire up a reference or not - seems bizarre.  The implementation either wires the reference or not
- and the only thing that cares is the implementation itself.