Subject: [Issue 88] Alternate proposal

Given that any simplification to reuse existing elements for
constrainingType would actually complicate the schemas for existing
elements (as MikeE rightly points out), and require us to add additional
rules about the use of existing elements for providing the
constrainingType functionality, I would like to propose that we close
the issue with no action (CNA).

Comments?