Subject: Re: [sca-assembly] ISSUE 95: Proposed resolution

Folks,

In my usual wordsmithing fashion, I'd like to modify the words, although not the normative meaning of the
proposed resolution.  I don't like stating this in terms of raising an error - and I don't think that it needs to
be.  Lets simply state what must be true and if it isn't, there are words elsewhere in the spec that says
what the runtime is supposed to do when it encounters the error:

3. Add the following new paragraph after line 1476:

   If the wiredByImpl attribute is not specified, the default
   value is "true" if all of the promoted component references
   has a wiredByImpl value of "true", and the default value is
   "false" if all the promoted component references have a
   wiredByImpl value of "false".  If the wiredByImpl attribute
   is specified, its value MUST be "true" if all of the promoted
   component references has a wiredByImpl value of "true", and
   its value MUST be "false" if all the promoted component
   references have a wiredByImpl value of "false". All the component

    references promoted by a composite reference MUST have the same
    value for @wiredByImpl. [ASMxxxxx]

Seems to me that it would make more sense to require all promoted component references to have the same wiredByImpl setting as a pre-cursor to your new paragraph.

Using your words, I think the following is better:

3. Add the following new paragraph after line 1476:

   If the wiredByImpl attribute is not specified, the default
   value is "true" if all of the promoted component references
   has a wiredByImpl value of "true", and the default value is
   "false" if all the promoted component references have a
   wiredByImpl value of "false".  If the wiredByImpl attribute
   is specified, its value MUST be "true" if all of the promoted
   component references has a wiredByImpl value of "true", and
   its value MUST be "false" if all the promoted component
   references have a wiredByImpl value of "false". If the promoted
    component references do not all have the same value for
    wiredByImpl, then the SCA runtime MUST report an error. [ASMxxxxx]

Dave Booz
STSM, BPM and SCA Architecture
Poughkeepsie, NY (845)-435-6093 or 8-295-6093
e-mail:booz@us.ibm.com

Inactive hide details for Simon Nash ---01/20/2009 09:54:10 AM---The following proposal uses line numbering from the PDF versioSimon Nash ---01/20/2009 09:54:10 AM---The following proposal uses line numbering from the PDF version of CD02.

Simon Nash <oasis@cjnash.com>

OASIS Assembly <sca-assembly@lists.oasis-open.org>

01/20/2009 09:54 AM

[sca-assembly] ISSUE 95: Proposed resolution

The following proposal uses line numbering from the PDF version
of CD02.

1. On line 1470, remove the text '"false" by default'.

2. On line 1475, change "should not be wired" to "MUST NOT
  be wired".

3. Add the following new paragraph after line 1476:

   If the wiredByImpl attribute is not specified, the default
   value is "true" if any of the promoted component references
   has a wiredByImpl value of "true", and the default value is
   "false" if all the promoted component references have a
   wiredByImpl value of "false".  If the wiredByImpl attribute
   is specified, its value MUST be "true" if any of the promoted
   component references has a wiredByImpl value of "true", and
   its value MUST be "false" if all the promoted component
   references have a wiredByImpl value of "false". [ASMxxxxx]

 Simon