Subject: Re: [sca-assembly] ISSUE 108: ASM13001 is Incomplete

Bryan,

I think that the Assembly specification can be silent regarding componentType files.

The reason for this is that it is explicitly delegated to implementation type specifications to define
whether componentType side files are allowed for their implementation type(s).

I argue that componentType side files are not allowed for a <composite/> used as an implementation.
The Assembly spec does not say that at the moment - but neither does it have a section describing
the componentType calculation for implementation.composite....  I feel an Issue coming on....

From: Bryan Aupperle <aupperle@us.ibm.com>
To: sca-assembly@lists.oasis-open.org
Date: 16/02/2009 14:58
Subject: [sca-assembly] ISSUE 108: ASM13001 is Incomplete

My original proposal is actually not sufficient.

The proposal in JIRA is

Reword ASM13001 as follows: An SCA runtime MUST reject a composite file that does not conform to the sca-core.xsd and sca-binding-sca.xsd schema.
Add ASM13002: An SCA runtime MUST reject a contribution file that does not conform to the sca-contribution.xsd schema.
Add ASM13003: An SCA runtime MUST reject a definitions file that does not conform to the sca-definitions.xsd schema.

A statement for componentType files is also needed

ASM13004: An SCA runtime MUST reject a componentType file that does not conform to the sca-core.xsd schema.

Anish suggested using actual links in these statements.  I think that is a good idea.

Bryan Aupperle, Ph.D.
STSM, WebSphere Enterprise Platform Software Solution Architect
Master Inventor

Research Triangle Park,  NC
+1 919-254-7508 (T/L 444-7508)
Internet Address: aupperle@us.ibm.com