Subject: RE: [sca-assembly] Issue 101: Complete the Conformance Section - Comments on Proposal

Actually I don’t think the nesting is disallowed e.g. on line 3654:

Contributions do not contain other contributions. If the packaging format is a JAR file that contains other JAR files (or any similar nesting of other technologies), the internal files are not  treated as separate SCA contributions. It is up to the implementation to determine whether the  internal JAR file is represented as a single artifact in the contribution hierarchy or whether all of  the contents are represented as separate artifacts.

From: Mark Combellack [mailto:mcombellack@avaya.com]
Sent: 03 March 2009 12:43
To: Martin Chapman; OASIS Assembly

Hi Martin,

I’ve just had another read through the conformance proposal and noticed the following that I missed on my first read through:

(Line numbers based off PDF document at [1])

Line 4135 – 4136:

SCA Interoperable Packaging Document:

A ZIP file containing SCA Documents and other related artifacts

I read this to mean that a SCA Interoperable Packaging Document can contain any of the SCA Documents defined in section 12.1. The interesting point is that the SCA Interoperable Packaging Document is a SCA Document so this suggests to me that a SCA Interoperable Packaging Document could contain another SCA Interoperable Packaging Document (i.e. recursive nesting of ZIP files)

Is this what you intended? It seems a little strange to be able to nest SCA Interoperable Packaging Documents within each other.

Perhaps it is worth adding a new sentence disallowing this as shown below.

4135:    SCA Interoperable Packaging Document:

4136:    A ZIP file containing SCA Documents and other related artifacts. The ZIP file MAY contain a top-

4137:    level "META-INF" directory, and MAY contain a "META-INF/sca-contribution.xml" file, and MAY

4138:    contain a "META-INF/sca-contribution-generated.xml" file

but MUST NOT contain a SCA Interoperable Packaging Document ZIP file.

Also, a couple of minor editorials:

Line 4136: Missing space between MAY and contain towards the end of the line

Line 4137: Two spaces rather than one space between “a” and "META-INF/sca-contribution.xml"

Thanks,

Mark

[1] http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-assembly/download.php/31487/sca-assembly-1%5B1%5D.1-spec-cd02-Rev5%20-%20ISSUE%20101%20v3.pdf

Mark Combellack| Software Developer| Avaya | Eastern Business Park | St. Mellons | Cardiff | CF3 5EA | Voice: +44 (0) 29 2081 7624 | mcombellack@avaya.com