Subject: RE: [sca-assembly] NEW ISSUE: Incorrect usage of MAY Keyword

Eric,

I don't see our usage as inconsistent, and is used this way in a number if OASIS (and non-OASIS specs).
IETF predominantly defines protocols and as a vendor of a protocol optionality of support and optionality of semantics pretty much
equate to the same thing IMHO. I think your other issue about what we say in the conformance regarding optional items is much more
relevant.

Martin.