Subject: Re: [sca-assembly] [ISSUE 117] Definition of compatible supersetand subset - Updated Proposal

Mike,
Here are my comments on the 117a document.  (Line numbers refer to the PDF).

  1. Line 1259: It is not necessary for all the promoted references
     to be compatible with each other.  It is only necessary that each
     of their interfaces is a compatible subset of the composite
     reference interface (see line 1417).

  2. Line 1473: This wording implies that if the composite reference
     does not have an interface, the interface of one of the promoted
     component references can be used if it's either the same as or a
     compatible superset of the other promoted component references
     (i.e., it would be possible for the interfaces to not all be the
     same.)  However, according to lines 1415/1416 these interfaces
     would have to all be the same, because there was no interface
     specified on the composite reference.

  3. Line 1768: The requirement should not be for the target to have
     one service with a compatible interface.  As in line 1757, it should
     only have one service that is a compatible superset of the interface
     on the wire source.

  4. Line 2312: This talks about the component configuration and the
     component implementation "conforming" to the constrainingType.
     I think this is anpther place where we need to add language talking
     about compatible subsets or supersets.

  5. Line 2603: ASM80012 is a duplicate of ASM50004.

  6. Line 2606: ASM80018 is a duplicate of ASM50011.

  7. Line 2609: ASM80013 isn't needed because the definition of compatible
     subset and superset implies that callback interfaces will be consistent.

  8. Line 2613: ASM80014 is a duplicate of ASM60005.

  9. Line 2615: ASM80019 is a duplicate of ASM60008.

10. Line 2617: ASM80015 isn't needed because the definition of compatible
     subset and superset implies that callback interfaces will be consistent.

   Simon