Subject: Re: [sca-assembly] [ASSEMBLY 127] Need definition of compatible forproperty types - Updated Proposal

Folks,

Response to the comments themselves is inline as <mje> </mje>

Following the comments made, here is an updated proposal to resolve Issue 127:

Add a new subsection following section "4.4 Property":

4.4.1 Property Type Compatibility

There are a number of situations where the declared type of a property element is matched with the declared type of

another property element. These situations include:

o Where a component <property/> sets a value for a property of an implementation, as declared in the componentType of the implementation

o Where a component <property/> gets its value from the value of a composite <property/> by means of its @source attribute. This situation

can also involve the @source attribute referencing a subelement of the composite <property/> value, in which case it is the type of the
subelement which must be matched with the type of the component <property/>
o Where the componentType of a composite used as an implementation is calculated and componentType <property/> elements are

created for each composite <property/>

In these cases, the types declared for the two <property/> elements MUST be compatible.
[ASM50038]

Two property types are compatible if they have the same XSD type (where declared as XSD types) or the same XSD global element
(where declared as XSD global elements). For cases where the type of a property is declared using a different type system (eg Java), then the
type of the property is mapped to XSD using the mapping rules defined by the appropriate implementation type specification

Add the following in section 4.4 following line 1039:

The meaning of "compatible" for property types is defined in Section 4.4.1 Property Type Compatibility