Subject: Draft minutes of 2005-05-26 are attached

Title: SCA-Assy - 2009-05-26

OASIS Logo

- DRAFT -

OASIS SCA-Assembly TC

Attendees

Present

fred carter AmberPoint Group Member
Mark Combellack Avaya, Inc. Group Member
Dale Moberg Axway Software* Group Member
Eric Wells Hitachi, Ltd. Group Member
Bryan Aupperle IBM Group Member
David Booz IBM Group Member
Mike Edwards IBM Group Member
Simon Holdsworth IBM Group Member
Jeff Estefan Jet Propulsion Laboratory:* Group Member
Martin Chapman Oracle Corporation Group Member
Khanderao Kand Oracle Corporation Group Member
Anish Karmarkar Oracle Corporation Group Member
Rich Levinson Oracle Corporation Group Member
Ashok Malhotra Oracle Corporation Group Member
Jeff Mischkinsky Oracle Corporation Group Member
Gilbert Pilz Oracle Corporation Group Member
Sanjay Patil SAP AG* Group Member
Plamen Pavlov SAP AG* Group Member
Murty Gurajada TIBCO Software Inc. Group Member
Sabin Ielceanu TIBCO Software Inc. Group Member
Danny van der Rijn TIBCO Software Inc. Group Member
Scott Vorthmann TIBCO Software Inc. Group Member

Chairs

Martin Chapman
Mike Edwards

Scribe

Ashok Malhotra

Agenda:

1. Opening

Introductions
Roll call
Scribe confirmation
Agenda bashing

2. Approval of minutes of SCA-Assembly TC meeting of 19th May 2009
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-assembly/download.php/32654/SCA%20Assembly%20minutes%202009-05-19.pdf

3. Action Items:

id=2009-04-07-2 status=pending Editors to repair the form of the word portType
id=2009-05-05-1 status=pending Editors to correct, on line 812 there appears an extra period before the word "by"

4. TC Administrivia

Public Review started on April 24.
Public Review ends June 23.

Public comments list:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-assembly-comment/

5. New Issues

ASSEMBLY 137: Clarify the use of a binding name in a reference target
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-137

6. Test Assertions and TestCases

Schedule
TestAssertions document is already complete.
TestCases document is complete
Subcommittee Review May 1 - May 27
Subcommittee Vote - Now May 27
Assembly TC review May 1 - June 2
Assembly TC vote - Now June 2

Latest documents:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-assembly-testing/download.php/31915/SCA_Assembly_Test_Assertions_16.odt
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-assembly-testing/download.php/32579/SCA_Assembly_TestCases_22.pdf
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-assembly-testing/download.php/32578/SCA_Assembly_TestCases_22.odt

Artifacts:
http://tools.oasis-open.org/version-control/browse/wsvn/sca-assembly/TestCases/#_TestCases_

A reminder that we propose to vote on starting Public Review of the TestAssertions and TestCases documents at next week's meeting
(June 2nd)

7. Presentation on Submitted OSOA Event Processing Specification

Given by Anish Karmarkar

The Submitted specification:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-assembly/download.php/32379/SCA_Assembly_Extensions_for_Event_Processing_and_PubSub_V1_0.pdf

Presentation:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-assembly/download.php/32653/SCA-EventingProcessing.pdf

8. Existing (Deferred) Issues

ASSEMBLY 80: Create an Event Processing Model for SCA
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-80

ASSEMBLY 121: Conformance to OPTIONAL Normative Statements
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-121

ASSEMBLY 133: Broken links in the Assembly spec
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-133

Proposal:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-assembly/200905/msg00116.html

ASSEMBLY 134: Promoted component reference changes multiplicity by default
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-134

Proposal is in the JIRA.

ASSEMBLY 136: Promoting a reference with multiplicity 1..n and targetsshould default to 0..n
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-136

Proposal is in the JIRA

8. AOB

Contents

Topics
[1]  Action Items:
[2]  Public Review ends in a month.
[3]  New Issues

ASSEMBLY 137: Clarify the use of a binding name in a reference target
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-137
[4]  Test Assertions and TestCases
[5]  Presentation on Submitted OSOA Event Processing Specification
Table of Resolutions
Table of Action Items

Action Items

Pending:
id=2009-04-07-2 status=pending Editors to repair the form of the word portType
id=2009-05-05-1 status=pending Editors to correct, on line 812 there appears an extra period before the word "by"

Resolutions

Minutes

Scribe: Ashok Malhotra

12 out of 21 voting members -- quorate
Resolution: Minutes of 2009-05-19 approved w/o

Action Items:

Action: id=2009-04-07-2 status=pending Editors to repair the form of the word portType
Action: id=2009-05-05-1 status=pending Editors to correct, on line 812 there appears an extra period before the word "by"
MikeE:
Editors waiting ... will stay pending

Public Review ends in a month.

We have replied to comment from Microsoft
We will start a 7:30 Pacific next week as well.

New Issues

ASSEMBLY 137: Clarify the use of a binding name in a reference target
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-137

Mike presents issue. This is against the Public Review draft
Essentially clarification. Add to section on wires.
MikeE moves to open new issue 137. Anish seconds
Assembly-137 is opened

Test Assertions and TestCases

Schedule
TestAssertions document is already complete.
TestCases document is complete
Subcommittee Review May 1 - May 27
Subcommittee Vote - Now May 27
Assembly TC review May 1 - June 2
Assembly TC vote - Now June 2
MikeE:
We will vote on these next week. Please read!
EricW:
We don't mention test cases in conformance section or anywhere else in the spec.
MikeE:
We should open a new issue.
Eric:
I will raise issue.

Presentation on Submitted OSOA Event Processing Specification

Given by Anish Karmarkar

The Submitted specification:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-assembly/download.php/32379/SCA_Assembly_Extensions_for_Event_Processing_and_PubSub_V1_0.pdf

Presentation:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-assembly/download.php/32653/SCA-EventingProcessing.pdf
Anish presents eventing spec.
Potential resolution for issue 80
Written as delta on Assembly 1.0
Can be easily folded in
MikeE:
Events have SOME semnatics... cannot say what actions are taken as result of an event
Ashok:
parties are SCA components?
Anish:
Could interact with parties outside SCA domain
Pilz:
How do I find Schema for foo:Earthquake?
Anish:
You can do an import but spec is silent on this question
Ielceanu:
What is the contract between channel and producers and consumers
Anish:
Nothing other than filters
Ielceanu:
How do I pick which channel to use?
Combellack:
We decided against typing channels. Basic differentiation is the filters that are operative.
Anish:
Channel is an abstraction that connects producers and consumers.

...they partition the space

...assembler would know how space is partitioned
Ielceanu:
Should we have a convention to name channels to indicate what they do?
Anish:
Since there are no interfaces you cannot do automatic matching
Combellack:
Usually some sensible naming implies some semantics but this is outside the SCA spec
MikeE:
Straggler roll
<gilbert.pilz>
Gil Pilz
COB
<Mike Edwards>
Thanks everyone

[End of Minutes]
Formatted on 2009-05-31 at 04:34:04 GMT+4

Minutes formatted by Schreiber, a collection of XSLT stylesheets by Bob Freund modeled after David Booth's scribe

Schreiber diagnostics output

[Delete this section before publishing the minutes]

final validation: Date not specified, the date '2009-05-26' was assumed

final validation: Title not specified, default title 'OASIS SCA-Assembly TC...' was assumed

final validation: Chair not specified, default chair was assumed

statistics: Schreiber found 52 input lines

edits: Schreiber found the following text-edit commands:

edits: Line 15: s/7"30/7:30

edits: Line 21: s/134/137/

edits: Line 33: s/Ahish/Anish/

command-scribe: Line 4: Since the line number is less than or equal to 20 we will interpret this as a scribename command, note that the scribe command is deprecated

command-scribe: Line 4: Scribe 'Ashok Malhotra' is recognized by use of the nick 'Ashok'

command-scribe: Line 4: Ashok's nick 'Ashok' has been selected

edit-substitute: command on line 15 succeeded, changed line 14 from '7"30' to '7:30'

citation-detection-scribed: Line 14: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'We will start a 7'

edit-delete: Line 15 was deleted

edit-substitute: command on line 21 succeeded, changed line 19 from '134' to '137'

edit-delete: Line 21 was deleted

citation-detection-scribed: Line 31: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'Given by Anish Karmarkar The Submitted specification'

edit-substitute: command on line 33 succeeded, changed line 32 from 'Ahish' to 'Anish'

edit-delete: Line 33 was deleted

command-autoroll/oasis: Line 64: Attempting to fetch roll from http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-assembly/event.php?event_id=16093

command-autoroll/oasis: Line 64: Successfully fetched roll from http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-assembly/event.php?event_id=16093

system: Transformer: SAXON 9.1.0.6