Subject: RE: [sca-assembly] Comment on the status of work in the Assembly TC

Mike,

I would not be keen on any email debate with external reviewers. The TC process does not require this, and IMHO enough information has been provided for the TC to dispose of the comments. If such interested parties are really concerned, they should join the TC and influence it that way.

Martin.

From: Mike Edwards [mailto:mike_edwards@uk.ibm.com]
Sent: 22 June 2009 10:39
To: OASIS Assembly

Folks,

As we approach the end of the first public review period, I'd like to make a couple of comments regarding the
state of play in the SCA Assembly TC.

My first observation is that the number of open issues has crept up.  There are now 3 new and 21 open issues.
Many of these issues have proposals, but not all of them. Some issues appear fairly simple (eg fix a simple bug in
the schema, etc) but others are more complex.  We need to think through how we are to get through the work of
getting all these issues resolved.  For the issues without proposals, expect myself and Martin to be asking for
volunteers to build proposals!!

The second observation is that we have received only a small number of comments from the public review itself.
These comments are however, meaty ones and mainly have to do with the knotty question of conformance.  I'd
like us to engage in more email debate on these topics so that we can move towards a consensus.  It may be
worthwhile us considering an open email debate with the raisers of the issues so that we can pinpoint the real
matters that are at issue here.