Subject: Re: [sca-assembly] [Issue 80] Proposed directional resolution

Anish,
I am very concerned about the work involved in fully integrating
the event concepts into SCA Assembly and presumably all the other
SCA specs.

At this stage in the SCA 1.1 lifecycle I believe our priority should
be to close down the few remaining issues, complete the public reviews,
and move to formal ratification of the SCA 1.1 standard based on the
current specifications.

Absorbing this major new piece of functionality into the SCA specs
will have large implications and push out the completion of SCA 1.1
by some considerable time.  IMO it would be better to look at whether
the Events support could be standardized in some other form such as
a separate delta or supplement to the SCA 1.1 base specs.  This would
allow the current specifications to achieve standardization in a
timely manner, followed by an SCA Events 1.1 standard when this is
complete and ready to go forward.

   Simon