Subject: RE: [sca-assembly] [Issue 80] Proposed directional resolution

With a strict chair hat on, we really need to look at the broader schedule here.

In order to progress to Committee Specification we need  at least two implementations passing the tests and showing some kind of interop.

As a Chair I have no idea when two implementations will surface to meet this criteria.

If they surface soon I share the schedule concerns expressed by others.

If two implementations are not on the near horizon, then I see no problem in discussing resolutions to issue-80.

Martin.

From: Mike Edwards [mailto:mike_edwards@uk.ibm.com]
Sent: 23 June 2009 10:13
To: OASIS Assembly

Anish,

Thank you for your proposal.

Can I ask for your assessment on the likely impact of this approach to the schedule of completion of the
OASIS SCA Assembly Model specification V1.1 and also for your assessment of the likely impact to the
schedules of the other affected specifications?

Anish Karmarkar <Anish.Karmarkar@oracle.com>

OASIS Assembly <sca-assembly@lists.oasis-open.org>

22/06/2009 18:52

[sca-assembly] [Issue 80] Proposed directional resolution

I would like to propose that we use the contribution at [2], as a basis
for a directional resolution for issue 80 [1]. Specifically, we
introduce the concepts of events, event types, producers, consumers,
channels; and the changes these concepts make to the existing
composite/component/componentType/constrainingType constructs.

If this directional resolution is accepted, I suggest that an inlined
document (with change marks) be produced that provides a merge between
[2] and the existing latest version of SCA Assembly. This would then
serve as a basis for the resolution of issue 80.

Comments?

[1]
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/ASSEMBLY-80
[2]