Subject: Correct file (this time) containing draft minutes of 2009-08-26 is attached

Title: SCA-Assy - 2009-08-26

OASIS Logo

- DRAFT -

OASIS SCA-Assembly TC

Attendees

Present

Dale Moberg Axway Software* Group Member
Eric Wells Hitachi, Ltd. Group Member
Bryan Aupperle IBM Group Member
David Booz IBM Group Member
Simon Holdsworth IBM Group Member
Mike Kaiser IBM Group Member
Peter Niblett IBM Group Member
Simon Nash Individual Group Member
Martin Chapman Oracle Corporation Group Member
Tim Gleason Oracle Corporation Group Member
Anish Karmarkar Oracle Corporation Group Member
Rich Levinson Oracle Corporation Group Member
Ashok Malhotra Oracle Corporation Group Member
Jonathan Maron Oracle Corporation Group Member
Jeff Mischkinsky Oracle Corporation Group Member
Gilbert Pilz Oracle Corporation Group Member
Aninda Sengupta Oracle Corporation Group Member
Sanjay Patil SAP AG* Group Member
Plamen Pavlov SAP AG* Group Member
Murty Gurajada TIBCO Software Inc. Group Member
Scott Vorthmann TIBCO Software Inc. Group Member

Chairs

Martin Chapman
Mike Edwards

Scribe

Ashok Malhotra

Agenda:

1. Intro,
Roll Call,
Scribe,
Agenda Bashing
2. Approval of Minutes 19 August 2009 http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-assembly/email/archives/200908/msg00138.html
3. Meeting/Call schedule See options in last weeks minutes.
4. Work planning
5. AOB

Contents

Topics
[1]  Agenda bashing
[2]  Meeting/Call schedule
[3]  How to Get Started
Table of Resolutions
Table of Action Items

Action Items

New:
id=2009-08-26-1 status=pending Martin, Mike and Scott to figure out JIRA strategy

Resolutions

Minutes

Scribe: Ashok Malhotra

Resolution: Sabin's requested LOA approved w/o
Roll call
Roll - quorate with 16 of 24 voting members present

Agenda bashing

Logistics
How to get work started
Scott:
You are assuming we are having an ongoing series of calls.

...did not think that was decided \
<anish>
Resolution: Minutes of 2009-08-19 approved w/o

Meeting/Call schedule

Martin:
We decided eventing would not go into 1.1 but we would continue working on eventing in parallel
Anish:
We have several option on how to proceed
1. Create subcommittee ... different time/day for call. Would not affect voting
2. Extend the Tuesday call and dedicate some time to eventing
3. as above discuss eventing first instead of last
4. Two separate sessions ... Tue/Wed same meeting
5. Two separate meetings each with its own voting
Scott:
Two other options
1. We could postpone work on eventing
2. Some variant of Anish's option 4 or 5

...we believe eventing very impt. Question of resources.

...don't like subcommittee option

...supports option 4 from Anish
Eric:
Supports Scott ... not a question of good standing rules ... need to accommodate folks who cannot attend weekly calls

...we could form a subcommittee and make a rule making it hard for TC to overturn subcommittee decisions
Anish:
Appreciate the point about resource constraints

...different points of view wrt how to deal with eventing

...we have to put in more time and resources if we want eventing to get out quickly
Martin:
Takes off chair hat
Martin:
Eventing will take some time to get ready to fold into main spec

...need comments from people on the current spec. Then we have to reconcile comments and pov's
BryanA:
We have a set of people prepared to start on eventing and we have some that are not ready to start now

...if we could get a list of concerns the folks who are ready to work can start looking at them.
Scott:
That's fair ... we can start putting together our concerns

...requests that we don not settle on a series of weekly calls ... perhaps a call every 2 weeks
Anish:
Would it be easier if we extended the Tuesday call?
Scott:
Not really

...we are all overcommitted
Martin:
maybe we could start out every 2 weeks
Sanjay:
I like every 2 weeks
Martin:
Any objection to a call every 2 weeks for 1 hour?
Ashok:
Let's have a single call with 2 sessions
DaveB:
Agrees
No objections
Scott:
Lets start the week after
Martin:
People should send mail re concerns issues.

...same time in 2 weeks
BryanA:
The testing subcommittee could use the other weeks
Martin:
OK. So same time in 2 weeks ... So week of Sept 7 we will have a call on Tuesday at 8 Pacific and Wed at 9 Pacific
MikeK:
Reminds us that is the week after Labor Day

How to Get Started

Martin:
People shd go and think about issues
<Dave Booz>
+1 for a new JIRA component, but I'll defer to issues editor
Anish:
Asks about issue 80 ... create a new component and resolve issue 80
Scott:
How abt Assembly 1.2 component
Anish:
We can also create versions
Action: Martin, Mike and Scott to figure out JIRA strategy
Sanjay:
Could we have a presentation on what problems the eventing submission is trying to solve?
Martin:
That's a reasonable request
Anish:
I will send a ptr to my presentation. It covers the problems to solve and also what's in the submission
Straggler Roll
Jeff
COB
<anish>

[End of Minutes]
Formatted on 2009-08-30 at 14:18:41 GMT-4

Minutes formatted by Schreiber, a collection of XSLT stylesheets by Bob Freund modeled after David Booth's scribe

Schreiber diagnostics output

[Delete this section before publishing the minutes]

final validation: Title not specified, default title 'OASIS SCA-Assembly TC...' was assumed

final validation: Chair not specified, default chair was assumed

statistics: Schreiber found 70 input lines

edits: Schreiber found no text-edit commands

command-scribe: Line 3: Since the line number is less than or equal to 20 we will interpret this as a scribename command, note that the scribe command is deprecated

command-scribe: Line 3: Ashok Malhotra is recognized

command-scribe: Line 3: Ashok Malhotra's nick Ashok has been selected

command-autoroll/oasis: Line 98: Attempting to fetch roll from http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-assembly/event.php?event_id=25010

command-autoroll/oasis: Line 98: Successfully fetched roll from http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-assembly/event.php?event_id=25010

system: Transformer: SAXON 9.1.0.7

[End of Schreiber diagnostic output]